Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > How can I reset BMW X3 transfer case flu...
How can I reset BMW X3 transfer case fluid code?

4530 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-17 20:45:05

•   Level 3   
    (72) points
    Moto
    2015-09-22 21:30:09
     I have a message to change fluid in the transfer case of an 07 BMW X3. How do I reset it?

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-09-24 05:15:11 (Reply to:Moto )

Hi, please try the functions under Drive - Transmission Control Unit to see if can reset. If no, then resetting function cannot be supported by Maxisys. Thanks!

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-09-25 01:26:16 (Reply to:Autel Support)

If not possible, please do file an issue with Autel since these service resets really should be in the system IF it can be done by a diag sys. Sometimes there are only manual ways to reset certain things but on an X3 I'm pretty sure about all resets could also be done by diag if the tool is up to it

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-09-25 05:24:10 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Support, Matronix is right. Please review this situation.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-09-25 07:10:02 (Reply to:Moto )

I think I cleared some VTG oil wear code. (54C6) with my DS 708.After changing the transfer case oil, going into special function ( transfer case oil change ?)and  that cycles the clutch in side .BMW Predictive service requirement  where it sets a BullSh@t code in Farfignuegen transfer case module when it's time to drain a quart of their proprietary spec lubricant that costs over $50 a quart and you can't erase the code for it unless you are the dealer and perform the oil change maintenance, then with the scanner , follow prompts, hear a KaHunka -Junka noise from transfer case for a second , then verify screen shows all zeroes. then and only then you can clear the Bulls@t codes from the module.Did the procedure before I drove it and changed the transfer case oil , and it didn't even have the front prop shaft attached. The U-joint had failed and chewed up the yoke of the OE drive shaft that would be $1100 from the dealer, but thankfully the aftermarket has new ones available for less than $300. I found I could not clear the code using quick erase selection from the auto scan.

•   Level 3   
    (72) points
    Moto
    2015-10-17 20:45:05 (Reply to:Moto )
     Thanks everyone. I found a way to do it with the device. I reset the transfer case and I was able to clear the code for it later.
  Total1 Pages